We made this curry sauce earlier in the week and liked it so much we decided to make it again. It's very simple but increadibly tasty.
- Chop one onion and fry gently in a tablespoon of oil
- Add one teaspoon of chopped chillies and two teaspoons of chopped or grated ginger
- Fry for a few more minutes before adding a teaspoon each of turmeric and mild curry powder
- Stir to mix everything together before adding 2 tablespoons of tomato puree and 4 tablespoons of water
- Mix well then take off the heat
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder and 8 tablespoons of yoghurt
- Mix well, then add 50g of creamed coconut.
- Return to the heat and stir until mixed thoroughly.
As soon as the sauce has started bubbling, it is ready to serve. Pour over chicken or anything you like really.